Historic properties are often described as having so much character. This comes from all the architectural elements and artifacts that are present. From door knobs and baseboard to doors and mantles, each element contributes so much to the overall aesthetic.
Repurposing is a great way to add this character and charm to your property.
- Make a headboard from an old door or even a mantle
- Old windows can be converted to mirrors, message boards or even picture frames
- Door knobs can be turned into unique coat racks
- Old shutters make great room dividers and mail sorters (100 Ways to Recycle Shutters)
- Cast Iron tubs made into flower planters
Be sure to share the ways you are repurposing on the Preservation Rocky Mount Facebook page.